- Crafted of lightweight aluminum tube with an aluminum fretboard, backed
with wood. Weighs less than a standard bass. Optimum balance, since tuners
are mounted on body rather than headstock.
- Stainless steel frets.
- Flexible pivot joints at the nut and bridge absorb all warping forces,
so the neck stays straight for the lowest possible action.
- Fits a standard bass gig bag.
- Brushed aluminum subtly reflects the colors of stage lights -- ideal
for live performances and videos.
- Even response at all playing positions from fret 1 to 24 on the two-octave
neck. Dead spots common to conventional necks are a thing of the past.
- Produces incredible attack and overtones impossible to achieve with
a wood-body bass, because wood absorbs sound. Think of the advantages of
a piano with a metal frame over a harpsichord with a wood frame, and you
can imagine the advantages of the F4b bass for modern playing styles.